Pages

bet365

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Joseph Yobo dreams 2014 World Cup


Yobo wants to play at the World Cup

Joseph Yobo dreams 2014 World Cup

The Super Eagles captain has revealed his ambition of representing Nigeria at next year's Fifa World Cup to be held in Brazil
Fernerbahce defender Joseph Yobo has revealed he is ready to do whatever it takes to make Stephen Keshi’s Nigeria team to the 2014 Fifa World Cup slated for Brazil. The former Everton defence Trojan has not played for the Super Eagles after a row with the team's head coach following his omission from the squad that drew 1-1 against Kenya in a World Cup qualifier at home in March.
"We've spoken a couple of times and the coach says I'm still in his plans so that's some great news," Yobo told BBC Sport.
"He has always said that I'm the captain. He is the boss, and he decides who he wants to call up to the squad.
"On my part, I want to give myself the best possible chance to make the squad. To do that, I have to stay in shape and play regularly. If I don't get playing time at Fenerbahce, I will go elsewhere to get regular football.
"It's a big opportunity and every professional footballer would love to play at the World Cup, so I'm no different from any ambitious football player,” he concluded.
The 33-year-old is Nigeria’s most capped player with 93 appearances since making his debut for the Super Eagles in 2001. He has played at two World Cups and would cherish going to his third one as well as reaching the centennial mark in a Nigeria jersey.  ---------------- goal.com

Well i personally think you deserve a place on that team cos our defence line needs a lot of help...

No comments:

Post a Comment