Pages

bet365

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Ancelotti: Why would I sign Messi when I've got Ronaldo?


Ancelotti: Why would I sign Messi when I've got Ronaldo?

Ancelotti: Why would I sign Messi when I've got Ronaldo?

The Real Madrid boss says that he would look to strengthening other positions in the squad rather than acquiring the Barcelona star
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti claims he would turn the down chance to sign Barcelona forward Lionel Messi because he already has Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portuguese has received widespread acclaim for his performances this season, including a stunning hat-trick for his country in the second leg of their World Cup play-off with Sweden, which sealed their place at Brazil 2014.

The 28-year-old has also excelled at club level too and is a firm favourite to lift the Ballon d'Or in January, and Ancelotti says he would strengthen in other positions of his side rather than bring in the Argentine to the Bernabeu.

"If I could sign one player for Real Madrid, it wouldn't be Messi, I'd rather reinforce another position," he told Italian broadcaster Radio Capital.

"We have Cristiano, who needs Messi? God gave him [Ronaldo] a special gift."

However, Ancelotti did joke that the capital outfit might be interested in bringing Messi to the club should Barca decide to sell the Argentine.

He added: "If Barca sell Messi, they should call us." --------------- goal.com


Both players have proven themselves consistently and have nothing more to prove...

No comments:

Post a Comment