Pages

bet365

Thursday 7 November 2013

Messi: Injury impacted my form


Messi: Injury impacted my form

Messi: Injury impacted my form

The forward is hopeful his physical problems are now behind him after his return to goalscoring ways on Wednesday evening

Barcelona attacker Lionel Messi has admitted that his recent injury problems have had a negative impact on his form in the past few weeks.

The 26-year-old picked up a hamstring injury in the Liga match against Almeria in September that kept him out of action for three weeks and he has struggled to hit top form ever since his return to match action.

Messi netted just once in five official games before scoring a double in the Champions League win over AC Milan on Wednesday evening and he feels he's gradually getting back to his usual best.

"This time there have been two injuries really close together and that kind of impact you do notice," Messi told the official Uefa website.

"But I'm definitely getting past it and I'm happy with my form. I'm calm about the recuperation from injury. I'm getting my rhythm back bit by bit.

"I think it really helps to have 90 minutes, then another 90 minutes, back to back so that I can gradually re-establish the tempo and the form I had before the injury. It just helps physically."

The Argentine then reflected on Barcelona's 3-1 Group H win over Milan and insisted that the Catalans were superior to their opponents.

"Right from the start I thought we played well; we were the main protagonists, pretty much as we normally are.

"The fact that we conceded just before the break did make things just a touch more complicated but from that point onwards we were the superior side again."

Wednesday's results saw Barcelona book their ticket for the knockout stages with 10 points from four games. ---------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment