Pages

bet365

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Liverpool's Daniel Agger finding life difficult but promises he won't BE difficult

Liverpool's Daniel Agger finding life difficult but promises he won't BE difficult

Defender who made his first start in almost two months against Fulham won't make waves if Rodgers returns him to the bench
No bawl boy: Agger says he's happy at Liverpool and doesn't want a move
No bawl boy: Agger says he's happy at Liverpool and doesn't want a move
John Powell
Daniel Agger admits he struggled to cope with being axed because he feels he should play every game for Liverpool.
Defender Agger made his first start in seven weeks in Saturday’s 4-0 win over Fulham and has admitted he found sitting on the bench tough to take.
The Reds’ vice-captain lost his place when he suffered a freak abdominal injury in September - while trying to catch a falling dumb-bell.
Agger, 28, has worked hard to earn his recall and says: “It’s been difficult. I want to play every time, in every single game, so when you’re not playing it’s difficult.
“But, when that is said, I just have to work even harder every single day in training, not complaining and just doing everything that little bit extra.
“I feel I belong there. I feel I’m more than capable of being in the team, but it’s the manager’s decision.
“Sometimes, that’s difficult to change in training. You need to grab the chance when it’s there and that’s what football is about, taking your chances.
“The competition for places has always been intense here, and it should always be. That’s a good thing because we want to win something.”
Despite feeling gutted over being left out, Agger says he never went banging on manager Brendan Rodgers’ door to demand an explanation.
The Denmark international, who will reach eight years with the Reds in January, claims he did not fuel the exit rumours and insisted he doesn't want to leave.
“To be honest, that was nothing to do with me,” said Agger, who has YNWA - for Liverpool's You'll Never Walk Alone motto - tattooed across his knuckles. “I know I’m here and as long as I’m doing everything to be in that team and I feel I’m good enough and the manager can use me, then I’ll be here.
Good sign: Agger puts pen to paper - and shows his YNWA tattoo
John Powell
 “I’ve trained hard these last few weeks and I’ve trained a lot, so physically I’m probably better now than I was before.
“It’s been a bit longer than I hoped for, but when you get the chance, you need to do everything you can to keep your place.”
Liverpool sit in second place going into the international break, and Agger says this teammates are hungry to taste Champions League football again.
The Reds have not mixed it with Europe’s elite since 2009, and Agger said: “All the guys here, they want to play Champions League again.
“It’s where you want to be because that’s where all the best players and all the best teams are. We definitely want to be there.
“You can see that desire on the pitch. We are working for each other and if you want to finish in the top four in the Premier League, that’s important. That’s more important than maybe the quality.
“There are a lot of teams up there and it would definitely be a great achievement to finish in the top four.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-daniel-agger-finding-life-2785192#ixzz2kVNrTOAe

No comments:

Post a Comment