Pages

bet365

Friday 1 November 2013

Furious Terim learned of Galatasaray sacking through media

Furious Terim learned of Galatasaray sacking through media

Furious Terim learned of Galatasaray sacking through media

The new Turkey boss claims he has "never seen anything like this situation in my life" after TV reports informed him he had been fired after a routine training session
Former Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim has expressed his anger and amazement after revealing he learned of his sacking through the media after a routine training session.

The 60-year-old was dismissed from his post at the end of September after a dismal start to the campaign, while his decision to take charge of the Turkey national team also caused friction with president Unal Aysal.

Terim has now explained that he learned of the decision via TV reports in his own office at the club, and made it clear there was a "serious communication problem" with Aysal.

"I learned that I'd been fired through the media in my room, shortly after training," he told reporters. "I've never seen anything like this situation in my life.

"I hope nobody has such a bad experience with Galatasaray after me.

"I always prefer to talk about my troubles with Unal Aysal face to face, but when I did this, it was leaked out to the media everytime. We had serious communication problems, I accept it that.

"If Aysal had a problem with me we could have sat down and discussed the situation like adults.

"Aysal could have told me it was best that Galatasaray change manager, I would have understood, wished him all the best, packed by bags and left."

Galatasaray's official line stated that Terim was sacked as a result of his refusal to sign a two-year contract extension, but the Adana-born coach insists that was not the case.

"Aysal informed me that he wanted to make changes to the personnel on the board and that he wanted to continue working with me," Terim said.

"We agreed to speak after the presidential elections. However, following the elections, the matter was not brought up once.

"Following the decision to take over as Turkish national team interim manager, something Aysal himself sanctioned, Galatasaray's official website released a statement that I had signed a contract with the national team.

"The site later changed the statement but by that time they were after any excuse to get rid of me."

Terim now says his focus is on doing his utmost for the national side, but hinted he would consider a return to Galatasaray in future having been part of the club for the best part of 40 years.

"My aim now is to make Turkey proud of the national team again," he added. "I will never turn my back on Galatasaray, I will never forget the supporters and I can put my hand on my heart and say I tried my best for the club.

"I hope I have served Galatasaray well over the past 40 years. Who knows, I may even return one day." ------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment