Pages

bet365

Monday 29 April 2013

Zanetti: Injury will not end my career

Zanetti: Injury will not end my career

Zanetti: Injury will not end my career

By Stefan Coerts
Apr 29, 2013 8:18:00 AM
The Argentine has dismissed suggestions that he could end his playing days after sustaining a serious Achilles injury at the weekend
Inter skipper Javier Zanetti has insisted that he will not hang up his boots after picking up an Achilles tendon injury in his side's 1-0 loss against Palermo on Sunday.

The 39-year-old faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines due to the injury, yet he has made it clear that retiring is not on his mind as he's determined to come back stronger than ever before.

"My goal is to come back stronger than before, and I believe I can do just that," Zanetti told reporters.

"I had to change tyres after so many miles. Injuries can happen and they’re part of this profession. The most important thing is the team.

"We’ll decide when surgery will take place. They still haven’t given me the dates involved, but my career certainly isn't over. What matters is healing well. What I want most is to be back with my team-mates.

"I appreciate the messages from the fans, as well as those from president Moratti, my team-mates and the many others who have shown their support."

Zanetti has made over 600 Serie A appearances for Inter since joining the club from Banfield in 1995. ------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment