Pages

bet365

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Szczesny vows to save Arsenal career: I am too happy to leave

AdTech Ad

Szczesny vows to save Arsenal career: I am too happy to leave

By Ben Cullimore
19-Mar-2013 12:45:00 AM
The Gunners goalkeeper insists that he will stay at the Emirates Stadium for as long as he is wanted, backing the club's philosophy, despite recently being left out
Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has pledged his loyalty to the club, insisting that he will stay with them for as long as he is wanted.

The Poland international has not featured in the Gunners' last two games, in which Lukasz Fabianski has impressed with two clean sheets against Bayern Munich and Swansea City.

But Szczesny declared to reporters: "I am too happy to go somewhere else. I believe in the philosophy of the club and that Arsenal will start to win again.

"I have a debt to pay here for the club; I owe them. I just do not want to go anywhere else.

"As long as they want me here, there is no 'somewhere else'. I have a contract until June 2015."

Arsenal are set to finish the campaign without a trophy for an eighth consecutive year and are in danger of not qualifying for the Champions League for the first time since 1996-97.

When asked about his side's poor performances this campaign and the battle for a top-four finish that faces them, Szczesny was candid in his response, lamenting: "It is halfway through March and we have lost everything.

"There are still 10 matches left to save the club against the humiliation of all times.

"It would be a disaster not to be in the top four and without the Champions League next year.

"We have the 10 most important games in our careers. We are going through the most difficult time since I came here." ------------------goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment