Pages

bet365

Thursday 28 March 2013

Defender Danny Shittu open to Nigeria re-call

Defender Danny Shittu open to Nigeria re-call

Danny Shittu is still interested in playing for the Super Eagles

The Millwall strongman has told Goal.com he would take up the opportunity of playing for the Super Eagles again if given a call up after missing out of the 2013 Afcon squad






EXCLUSIVE | By Lashley Oladigbolu
Defender Danny Shittu has told Goal.com he would play for Nigeria if given a call up by national coach Stephen Keshi.
The Millwall defender sensationally declined being a part of the squad that won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in February after being given a surprise late call up.
 “I got a call up and had no time to get ready, I'm a father of four and I have to put things in place before I could dash for the invite,” Shittu told Goal.com.
“It was so close and time did not permit me but I have no regret for not being part of the team to this year’s Africa Cup of Nations.
“I was actually overjoyed at Nigeria becoming African champions again. I remain ever ready for Nigeria even when I don't play for Nigeria, I support my country,” he said.
The defender who has led Millwall to the semi final of the English FA Cup said he is not in contact with Coach Stephen Keshi but wouldn’t mind being a part of the squad if given a re-call as Nigeria fight to qualify for the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil
“If I'm called up like I said I haven't retired and I will never stop playing for Nigeria. I'm always ready for the country.”
The Super Eagles drew 1-1 against the Harambee Stars of Kenya last weekend and will go to Nairobi in June for the return leg. Shittu is positive that the African champions can get the job done.
“Well, it's a game Nigeria has to try and win. I believe we still have possible chances of qualifying,” Shittu concluded. ----- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment