Pages

bet365

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Arbeloa: 'I ran Bale over in my car'


Arbeloa: 'I ran Bale over in my car'

Arbeloa: 'I ran Bale over in my car'

The Spain international has laughed off a claim that he injured the Welshman earlier in the season only for Los Blancos to cover up the incident in order to protect the full-back

Alvaro Arbeloa has reacted to a report that he injured Gareth Bale earlier in the season by jokingly claiming that he ran his Real Madrid team-mate over with his car.

Cadena SER claimed that the Spain international left the world's most expensive player with a "numb and blackened leg" after a late challenge during a training session in October of last year, and that Los Blancos covered up the incident in order to protect their full-back, who had previously made headlines for breaking Iker Casillas' hand in a practice match.

However, Arbeloa made light of the accusation by revealing what really happened in a post on social media site Twitter.

“The truth is I ran him over in my car," the 30-year-old defender explained. "But he’s a strong bloke and he’s still alive!"

Bale has been plagued by injury problems since arriving at the Santiago Bernabeu from Tottenham last September for a reported €100 million transfer fee. ------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment