Pages

bet365

Monday 20 January 2014

Thiago Silva: I'm staying at PSG


Thiago Silva: I'm staying at PSG

Thiago Silva: I'm staying at PSG

The Brazil defender has put an end to any speculation surrounding his future by insisting he wishes to see out his current deal in France
Thiago Silva has stated he has no intention of leaving Paris-Saint Germain and intends on staying at the club until his contract expires in 2018.

The Brazil defender signed a new contract with the Ligue 1 champions last summer but there had been speculation during the transfer window that other top clubs could look to lure him away from Paris.

But the centre-back, who was on the scoresheet as his side thumped Nantes 5-0 on Sunday to maintain their five-point lead at the top of the division, told Canal+ he is committed to the club.

“Yes, I'm staying,” replied the 29-year-old when asked if he was going to remain in Paris.

“I feel very good here with the coach, the president. I think I'll stay here until the end of my contract.

"[Zlatan] Ibra is a great player, a big personality and I think he wants to stay too.

"PSG are one of the biggest clubs at the moment. It's up to us to continue like that. Perhaps we can also go all the way in the Champions League.

“The boys have done a lot of positive things today. I think we can do the same in the Champions League. We have to play like that. We had a very good match.”

Silva has been just as important at the back for Paris Saint-Germain this season as Zlatan Ibrahimovic up top – a fact that was illustrated by the defender’s inclusion in this year’s FifaPro XI.

The Brazil international was happy with the recognition at the Ballon D’Or ceremony and went on to thank his current club and team-mates for their part in his award.

“Thank you PSG. I also have to thank my team-mates for a place in the XI. Everyone is playing together and that's very good.” --------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment