Pages

bet365

Monday, 19 August 2013

Di Matteo Hails Mikel

Di Matteo Hails Mikel

Former Chelsea of England handler, Roberto Di Matteo, has described his former player, Nigeria's John Mikel Obi, as a reliable midfielder, positing that he really enjoyed the Nigerian services while in charge of the reigning Europa League kings.

Speaking at the Guinness Football Manager campaign in Lagos at the weekend, the former midfielder who played a total of 34 games for the Italian national team and scored 2 goals between 1988 and 2002 when his career flourished, said he really enjoyed a cordial and fruitful working relationship with most African players.

“Mikel is a good player, well talented and we enjoyed working together at Chelsea. He is one of the few African players I have worked with and I am happy to be in Nigeria to see the passion his countrymen have for the game here,” says the Italian soccer tactician.

De Matteo who is now back in Italy spoke further on his experience with the Super Eagles midfielder.

“I was able to get the best out of Mikel and other African players I've been privileged to manage because of the respect I showed to them and I also use all the good attributes I have to get the best out of them. They are very ambitious people and I have good relationship with all of them and we were successful together."  Meanwhile, the former West Brom manager who refused to comment on the rumours about Mikel's future at Chelsea was of the view that the Super Eagles midfielder is a quality player who has a lot to give and win in the round leather game. ----------------------- complete sports

No comments:

Post a Comment